- Supervised status refers to volunteers that may only have contact with students in the presence/supervision of an MCPS employee or approved program supervisor.
- Unsupervised status refers to volunteers that may have contact with students without the presence/supervision of an MCPS employee (i.e. teacher, administrator).
Unsupervised volunteers must complete:
- District Volunteer Application (pdf version)
- Confidentiality Agreement (pdf version)
- Background Check Form (pdf version) and $6.00 Processing Fee
Submitting Background Checks: A background check from may be submitted online and the processing fee of $6.00 may be paid online with a credit card. Volunteers also have the option to complete the "hard copy" background form and submit both the form and $6.00 (cash or check) to the Administration Building, 215 South 6th Street West, Missoula, MT 59801. Checks must be made payable to MCPS and must include the volunteers name in the memo line.