- Students are assigned to schools in an attendance area according to the student's physical address (where they live). Space availability is generally not a problem, but periodically students may need to attend a school other than their neighborhood school if all classrooms are full. To determine your student's school of attendance, click here.
- If you learn that your child lives outside of the District's elementary (K-8 schools) boundary or high school (grades 9-12) boundary, then you may be interested in the MCPS tuition program.
- Space is limited so parents interested in enrolling their pre-school aged child in Jefferson Preschool must contact Deb Chilcote at (406)728-2400, ext. 5050. (Online enrollment is not available for preschool.)
Step 2. Complete Enrollment Forms and Provide Additional Materials
Parents/Guardians may submit the enrollment online or print forms and additional materials for each child in your family to be enrolled.
Note: A child must be age 5 by Sept. 10, 2016, to be eligible to begin kindergarten in August 2016.
Printable Enrollment Form and Additional Materials:Parents must also provide:
1. A Copy of the student's Birth Certificate.
2. A copy of the student's complete immunization records, OR State of Montana Certificate of Immunization (blue form). Please review immunization requirements to ensure your child is fully immunized.
3. Address Verification - two items that verify physical home address, such as utility bill, phone bill or lease agreement.
4. A copy of the student's transcripts (these are OPTIONAL, but helpful to get middle and high school students placed in classes, although official records from the student's previous school of attendance will be requested).
Step 3. Return Forms and Materials to District/School
MCPS prefers that parents complete all enrollment forms and take them directly to the school that the student will be attending. This provides an opportunity for parents to see the school, visit with staff and ask any questions. Click here for addresses and maps to schools.
Please note that during the summer (June 13 through August 18), MCPS elementary and middle schools are closed, so materials for students in grades K-8 should be returned to the Administration Building at 215 South Sixth Street West in Missoula [mapquest to Admin. Bldg]. MCPS high schools in Missoula are open and can directly accept enrollment materials for students in grades 9-12.
If it is more convenient to register the student online and submit additional enrollment materials by mail, please mail all materials to Superintendent's Office, 215 South Sixth West, Missoula, MT 59801. Materials can also be submitted as attachments by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a communication (by phone or email) confirming that the District has received your student's enrollment application and materials.
The enrollment application for each student will be forwarded to the school that the student will be attending. Please understand that school staff may ask parents who submit enrollment materials either online or by mail/email to visit the school at a convenient time to sign documents and/or provide additional information.
Questions? Please contact MCPS at 728-2400, ext. 1030, or email email@example.com.